Eugene is a business entrepreneur, leadership coach and psychotherapist who specialises in transition, change and transformation. Whether working with individuals, teams or global organisations his passion lies in helping people live self-expressed, resourceful and fulfilling lives. Eugene’s particular area of interest is enabling people to access their innate creativity to realise their potential.
Eugene is Chief Executive of artgym, the multi-award winning business he established in 2004 that helps organisations apply their collective creativity to transform and grow. Pioneering creative collaboration tools for business, He has designed and led large-scale cultural transformation projects for international clients.
Spanning 25 years experience, he has worked with many of the world’s leading organisations, including adidas, Capgemini, BBC, US Navy and Microsoft, guiding some of the world’s most successful leaders and their teams.
As a Leadership Coach, he personally coaches several of the world’s leading CEOs and their teams – guiding them through a range of different changes, transitions and transformations. Combining contemporary leadership principles with wilderness techniques, Eugene designed and guides the annual 8-day leadership retreat: Lead Like a River. Voted in The Times, top 20 life-changing experiences, Lead Like a River attracts senior leaders from around the world who want to make a wider contribution to people and the planet.
Based on a combination academic research and business experience, Eugene’s work integrates depth psychology with solid business acumen. An example of this is his pioneering research in the field of leadership archetypes, developed through his work with over 2000 highly successful leaders from across the globe. The Leadership Archetypes is a highly effective model for coaching individual leaders as well as their teams.
Here are some of the areas that Eugene supports Senior Leaders with:
- Authentic Leadership
- Purpose, vision and values
- Emotional intelligence
- Leading transition, transformation and change
- Working through conflict
- Leading creative, collaborative cultures
- Leading high performing teams
As a certified psychotherapist, core to all his work is a belief that mental well being is critical to the healthy growth of individuals, teams and organisations alike. Eugene volunteers in the mental health sector, helping people with difficult life circumstances.
- BA (Hons): History of Art, Philosophy. University College Dublin
- MA (Distinction): Arts Psychotherapy: Metropolitan University, London.
- Post-graduate Diploma: The Application of the Arts in Education and Therapy: Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Integrative Arts Psychotherapy: Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education.
- HPCP registered practitioner
- Certified Interpersonal Coach: Metanoia Institute
- Certified Gestalt Group Facilitator: Gestalt Centre Eugene is also certified in a number of specific coaching tools including Richard Barrett Cultural Transformation Tools.